Wednesday, September 12

I did some shit today, I guess

My friend said this morning that today was "Getting Shit Done Wednesday." It was a delightfully motivating name for the day, and I feel like it should be adopted by anyone and everyone. I was, relatively, motivated by the initial call to get shit done today, but really, the shame of not getting the shit done was even more motivating.
So, what shit did I get done today? I went to work and did work. Which was pretty awesome since I haven't had much to do over the last couple weeks. I got the polish on my nails changed. I did a couple loads of laundry. I found somewhere to drop off our leaking container of antifreeze. I scheduled a Goodwill pick-up for the old living room furniture. I did a 15-minute yoga session. I kept to my Weight Watchers points.
On the whole, not a ridiculously productive day, but a decent one. I would have liked to hit the trail this afternoon, but it's still too hot outside. And I had wanted to start on my library book, but I'm having a bitch of a time cracking that one open.
From now on, every Wednesday is Getting Shit Done Wednesday.

No comments: