Tuesday, September 18

I HAVE DISCOVERED HOT WATER

As unhelpful as my boss was yesterday, I had to try the thing, and it worked okay. So, I'll use it, but only for half my job, since the other thing needs to be done on the other thing. Ho hum. So even though the thing is useful and okay for what it was designed to be useful for, it still only serves half of my purposes.
I'm still reading "The Silent Corner," by Dean Koontz, and I think I'm liking it. I have a love/not love relationship with Koontz. I love the Frankenstein series, and a couple other stand-alone stories, but I definitely do not love the Odd Thomas series, or others that I've tried to read. At any rate, I hope to be done with this book sometime tomorrow, so I can get started on the others that I brought home from the library.
Sydney has a friend over for a sleepover tonight, since they have the day off from school tomorrow, so there is an abundance of giggling going on in the room next door to mine. I'm glad they're having fun. But I do hope they go to bed at a decent time. I'm such a mom!
For whatever reason, it's started to feel super cold in my office lately. I hate being cold, and to warm myself up, I've started heating up water to drink at my desk. In fact, I've done it so much lately, and I enjoy the results so much, that tomorrow, I'm actually bringing my own mug to the office. I'm excited to have a more colorful mug from which to drink my hot water. Obviously, there are many before me who know this about drinking hot water already, but I'm pretty pleased to have discovered it on my own, without anyone suggesting it to me.

No comments: