Tuesday, September 4

I don't feel healthy, and that's gotta change

I got bored with sitting on my sofa the other day, and downloaded a yoga app to my Apple TV. The app has several sessions at the three different difficulty levels: beginner, intermediate and expert. I, of course, am a beginner. I started with a 15-minute beginner session for flexibility. I also did a 15-minute beginning session for Morning Stretch. I liked the flexibility session, though, and have done it another time since then. It feels good to do something relatively active with my body, even if it's just stretching.
I also have noticed that I've been getting super winded when walking the dogs around the community. This is a problem because the walk is only a few minutes, and there are no hills or inclines along the route.
I also have noticed that I'm feeling ... heavy ... when walking up the stairs. It's more trouble than it should be to "bop" upstairs to get something done.
All these things have thrown into stark relief the fact that I'm not as healthy as I should be, and would like to be. I can't keep up as much as I'd like, and I'm dragging. This is not a good thing, and I'm motivated to change it.
Yesterday, I restarted my Weight Watchers program. I'm counting my points again, and avoiding all the bad things out there that I shouldn't be eating. As an example, I didn't have a single one of the yummy-looking chocolate chip cookies Merrick brought into the office today. I went to bed a little hungry last night, and intend to do the same tonight.
Tomorrow, I'm going to go hike my trail again after work. I'll hoof it in the afternoon heat and sun, embracing the sweat, and get my maximum calorie burning. At least it's not the absolute heat of the summer, and I'll carry with me a larger water bottle, so I should be fine. And I should have plenty of time between work and picking up Sydney to do my walk, and snack on something after.
And the yoga will continue to be something that I do regularly at home. I should have done a session this afternoon, but I didn't, but I may tomorrow at some point, but definitely on Thursday.
I'm excited for my new venture, and the potential therein. Time to get healthy again.

No comments: