Wednesday, October 24

An ITEM! list for this October day

ITEM!: Honestly, I think this book may take up every blog post until I've finished it. I'm happily obsessed with it, and taking my time in reading it, which is a straight reversal for me. Usually, I'm up all night and reading at every opportunity. Last night, I didn't get to it until after 8 p.m., and stopped reading before midnight. I'm about 300 pages in, and thoroughly enjoying how the plot is rolling out so far. There are more than 975 pages in it, and I'm so excited about the amount of time it'll take me to finish this one.
ITEM!: Did I complain to you last year during the holiday season that I wasn't able to get to Disneyland to enjoy the holiday-ness there? If I didn't, count yourself lucky, because I'm pretty sure I bitched my mom's ear off about it. Anyway, through a weird kind of happenstance and change of plans, I'll get to go this year. Mom, Sydney and I will visit on Friday after Thanksgiving, and I'm getting super excited about it. Seriously, I'm getting very, very excited. I haven't seen Disneyland in the holidays since Sydney was maybe 5 years old, and I think she's going to love it, and that's the best thing ever. Also, Christmas-y Disney treats!
ITEM!: Sydney's having a birthday party this weekend and I'm ridiculously concerned about how my new area rug in the living room will survive. There will be no small candy to fall between the shag. There will be no pizza or cake in the living room. There will be no drinks but water. I will allow chips and popcorn, but only because I really kinda must, otherwise Sydney may lose friends. But I hope she has fun. But I really, really hope my rug comes out unscathed.
ITEM!: I'm pretty pissed that I didn't win the Mega Millions jackpot last night, as I had some pretty awesome plans for becoming a billionaire. Still, I'll check all our tickets this afternoon, since even a couple thousand dollars would be extremely helpful.

No comments: