Thursday, October 18

Once again, super giddy over a book

Something pretty exciting for this reader is happening next week, I think. One of my favorite authors has a new book coming out next Tuesday. I typically only purchase this book series in paperback, so I borrow the books from the library in hardcover so I can read them, until they're in paperback when I buy them. So next week's hardcover has totally been on my radar for the library for a couple months.
I had been checking the library regularly to see when I can get on the waiting list for it. And last week, the book was listed in the Catalog, so I was quick to request it to get on the list.
Imagine my surprise, you guys, when the request went through and the website didn't immediately tell me where I was in line for the book. The next day, I checked the site again, and it had me listed as "(1 of 4)." Today, I'm listed as "(1 of 6)."
Holy crap, you guys, am I first on the waiting list? FIRST?!?! Will I get a notification on Tuesday, (or Monday even?) that the book will be available for me? I am beside myself with excitement! Like, honestly, so excited!
I'm in the middle of my Anne Rice book right now, and I'm hesitant to start something else once I'm done with it. I want to be ready to read once Tuesday comes around ... just in case...

No comments: