Tuesday, October 2

Rain, rain, stay a while

We're in the midst of a pretty awesome rainstorm, and of course, that dominates all conversation. Brian was excited to tell me that the storm stretched all the way from the house to his work, thereby decreeing that this, "is a really big, like, 30-mile wide storm!" Rain is a good thing no matter where you are, so we'll take this unexpected and early fall storm with a healthy dose of gratitude.
I'm glad I walked the trail yesterday though, instead of putting it off until today, as I had entertained. The mountain, I'm sure, is very muddy right now.

As for October, we've got a fun month ahead of us, I think. Brian and I have tickets to see "Waitress" in the next few days; Sydney and I are heading to San Diego with Mom for Sydney's Fall Break; Sydney turns 12 later in the month, and we'll host a party for that; and then, of course, Halloween. October is the beginning of the busy holiday season for us, and I'm starting to get super excited for it!

No comments: