Monday, October 8

The grown-ups got to go out last night

Brian and I went to see the stage musical "Waitress" last night.
I was kind of blown away by the amount of people in the audience that didn't seem to know anything about the movie that the musical is based on. A really big plot point of the movie is Jenna's affair with Dr. Pomatter, and I was taken aback by the amount of audible gasps in the audience when the characters got together the first time. And how many were surprised when Jenna finally told Earl to take off. I mean, I know I've seen the movie a couple times, but I always get surprised by people who pay the money for the musical tickets without doing the homework on the movie it's based on.
Anyway, it was a well-done show, and we enjoyed it, even though we agreed that the subject matter is a bit depressing, even though there's a happy ending. I mean, the first seven-eighths are a real drag emotionally, to be honest.
Still, it's all good because the grown-ups got to go out last night.

No comments: