Friday, October 26

Wait? Is it really Friday?

FRIDAY: So for as much as I was all, "I'm gonna be patient with this book," um, yeah. I was up until 12:30 last night finishing it. It was really good, and brought me to tears a couple times, and ended the story and character arcs delightfully. It's not due back to the library until the 13th, I think, so I'll digest it for a couple days and then reread it next week. She's so good, this author. The finale of her other book series is coming out next year, and I'm eager for that too, for sure. Reading is good for you, kids.
VIERNES: There's a smell in my office the last two days, and it's driving me crazy. It's a selection of candles, I'm sure of it, and they're being stored in the small office/storeroom near my desk. Yesterday, I was able to close the door to that room, but today, the worker bee in there has been in there all morning, and I can't shut that door. The smell is kinda Sephora/grandparents' cologne, and it's tickling my nose so much that I'm ridiculously distracted by it, and I'm counting the minutes until I get out of here ... (94, by the way). I had never been one to be terribly bothered by random smells, or anything perfume-y anyway, but this one this week is bugging me.
VENDREDI: I had wanted to walk the trail today after work, but I've got such a list of stuff to do before Sydney's party tomorrow night, and I'm in a state of scatteredness that I may be palpitating, that I chose to bypass the physical exercise for mental sanity. Syd and I will visit Target for party food shopping after school, but the random school activity that will take three hours tonight and was not really on my agenda until a day ago, has me in a slight state of panic. I've got my lists, and they're not crazy, but I'm worried about my timing. I mean, Brian and I are still going to the movies tomorrow morning because I must do that regularly, so I know I'm not too overwhelmed with things to do because I was able to plan that without flipping out. So I'm stressed, but not crazy, and I think I still have all the plans in a good place. I'll go home after work and eat some lunch, wrap some presents, reorganize my lists, and then be ready to get this party started.
FREITAG: One of my responsibilities at work is maintaining the online calendar, and yesterday I got a pile of dates to start for 2019, and I can't believe that the year is almost over already.

No comments: