Sunday, October 21

Ballots in the mail in the morning!

Brian and I did our vote this evening, and I'm eager to get our ballots in the mail. We have a real shot of changing the direction of Arizona this year, and we're excited to have our voices heard. Some of the polls indicate that there may be a bit of a blue shift in the state's representation, and if that ends up being the case, I'll be proud to be a part of that change.
We read all about our propositions though, and did our research on the different candidates for all the different elected offices. We'd seen enough attack ads from both sides of every issue and person, so we visited the non-partisan sites for the straight information on the issues. We disagreed on only one proposition, so we might as well have not voted on it at all since we canceled each others vote there. And while I tend to keep my voting opinions to myself, I did insist that Brian vote yes on the city proposition that would protect the nature preserve from any shady, loophole-based development. My own desire for that preserve protection steered my vote for new city council members, too. You a city council member who voted for the preserve development? You're out, as far as my vote is concerned.
So, the vote is super important this year, and I'm so glad to have a voice out there! Unfortunately, though, Arizona doesn't send out "I Voted" stickers in its absentee/mailed ballots (like California does), so I won't have any cool "I Voted" pic to post on any social media, which is a drag, for sure. I want to shame and peer pressure others into voting, and Arizona is not making that easy for me to do!

No comments: