Wednesday, April 7

Time for a girly-girl vacay

So tomorrow I take off for a much-delayed girls' weekend, and I'm looking forward to getting out of town. We'll be careful, of course, but there's something decadent about spending an entire weekend away from all the responsibilities of motherhood and wifeness. And then to also spend it laughing and hanging out with my best friends? This is destined to be the best weekend I've spent anywhere in a long time.
    The trunk of my car is full of food and booze, and my bag is full of swimsuits, dresses and cozy clothes. If there's anything fancy planned, I don't have anything to wear for it. Well, I've got a black sundress and a sweater, so I guess I d have something, but I'll tell you a secret. I'm glad there isn't any clubbing planned or available for us. Eating and drinking is good enough for me.
    Tomorrow's work day is going to be amazingly long, whether I'm busy or not, and I can't wait to be done and on the road. So, suffice it to say, I won't be blogging for a couple nights. :)

No comments: