Saturday, April 17

I like madeleines; I need to eat more of them

I'm cracking up because the post that had "haiku" in the title only had six reads yesterday. Not that I get a whole lot of reads anymore, but six is like half of what I normally get for readers. I will continue to write haikus though because I enjoy them.
    So here's something weird. Brian and I did our Costco trip today. We didn't have much on our list, so we ended up getting a bunch of random stuff. Brian picked up a box of madeleines for his snacking. Here's the weird part. I don't think I've ever tried a madeleine, so when Brian opened up the box and opened a cookie bag and had me try one, I was pleasantly surprised by the taste and texture of the cookie. It was so tasty! I had a second bite of his before he finished it, and I wish I had more of it. I had thought that madeleines were a crunchy cookie, and a somewhat dry one. But these were soft and, as Brian described it, like a pound cake even. And it tasted yummy. So maybe he doesn't take them all to his work. Perhaps some of them should stay home with me.
    I remember seeing them with chocolate on them in many places, but in doing an image search just now, I was shown the gross possibility that they can be made with aspects of coconut. That is unacceptable, but logically, I know that many people like that disgusting food stuff, so I won't make a big deal about it. Especially since I am so new to the madeleine fan club. I definitely need to try one with chocolate on it, though.

No comments: