Tuesday, April 6

Outside, where they belong

The pest control guy came by today, and now my home is impervious to all manner of crawling animals, be they cricket, roach, ant or SCORPION. The young man asked me when he called, "What in particular are we dealing with today?" I said, "I found a scorpion in my sofa yesterday." He made the appropriately horrified noise and then said, "Yeah, I'll take care of that for you." So does it now take a while for the bugs to move away? How does this work? Do I have to wait for all the bugs that are already inside to die? And then we can have an officially clean home?
    I will say that I kind of threw the house cleaners to the wolves today by having the home cleaned and not knowing what they may or may not find. I needed the house cleaned, for sure, but one never knows what one may discover lurking under a blanket or chair or in a dust bunny. But there were no notes saying that anyone got stung while they cleaned the house, so I'll assume that they didn't find anything unsavory. So maybe the house is clean.
    Honestly, I'm thinking perhaps I should do a smudging to officially clean the place of any bad vibes.

No comments: