Monday, April 5

Bug spray is coming

I had some time this week to leisurely go about my life, with nothing but a visit from the house cleaners tomorrow and a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon. But then life happened, and all of a sudden, there are appointments and tasks up the wazoo, and my leisurely week has gone kablooie.
    First, a trip to the vet for something that is probably nothing, but I need the peace of mind. Second, I found a scorpion in the sofa in the living room, and now we're having a bug/pest control company come by tomorrow afternoon and spray around the house. Third, I'm definitely ready to take a couple days off from being a mom, wife and house queen.
    Ah yes, another scorpion sighting in my home. I shift and rotate the cushions in the sofa every Monday, and today, when I pulled out one of the back cushions, there was a scorpion on the sofa portion of the back. It was good size, about 1 1/2 inches long, and super chill. It didn't move when I put the glass over it, and only got mobile as I slid the card under its feet. Then it got super agitated, and then super mad. I flipped the glass, took it outside and threw it over the fence. I didn't want to kill it, inexplicably, so that's what I did.
    And then I texted around for a pest control company recommendation, and then I called Brian, and then I called the pest control company. And they are coming tomorrow. On a related note, I had to pause my blogging so Brian could turn off all the lights and scan the bedroom with a blacklight in search of any other rogue and adventurous scorpions. There are none.

No comments: