Thursday, March 18

Mission: Accomplished, my friends

I decided to read last night instead of blog, so I missed you on St. Patrick's Day. The day itself was a good one, and we ate Chinese food for the holiday because I know for a fact that Irish food is not that great, and I wasn't about to make a special occasion of it. That was the day.
    As for today, I can say here, on the blog because Brian never reads it, that today I finally managed to buy us our new PlayStation 5. And Walmart for the win! I did all the stuff the guys on Twitter told me to do, and with a massive amount of luck, I actually bought one. I was shaking like a leaf while inputting the financial information, and I missed it the first time. I hit the "Place Order," and was denied by the Walmart stock. But the second time the console landed in my shopping cart, all the shipping and financial information was still there, so I was able to hit the "Place Order" much quicker, and I held my breath and about screamed when I got a confirmation number. I continued to shake for several minutes after, for sure. And then I texted Sydney. And then I called Mom.
    I have not told Brian yet, and I'm not sure I won't just let the arrival of the console be the surprise that I wanted it to be for Christmas. Considering wrapping the box in Christmas paper? Indeed, I am! I have a couple weeks to figure out my plan for the surprise, and I'm sure I'll run through like 50 different scenarios. He won't be mad unless I hold it away from him after I acquire it, which is not at all my intention. He'll get it the day it arrives, to be sure, but the presentation is up for consideration.

No comments: