Wednesday, March 3

I made dinner and no one died from it

Well you guys, I did it. I made dinner tonight. We had grilled kielbasa and rice. I decided against the green beans, even though I did buy them. So, the result. The kielbasa was too salty for Sydney; she didn't like it. But she did get all filled up on rice and apple sauce. I enjoyed it all. Brian was amazed and impressed that I made the dinner, and then was a good boy and ate it. So dinner experiment one was a relative success, though I'll definitely change it up for Sydney. I expect most things that she will like will need to include ground beef or roast chicken of some kind.
    My sitting place at work is changing again. I've been sitting in the "sales pool" since the social distancing restrictions were put into place when we came back to the office. Soon I will be moved back into the "editorial pit" to make room for a new salesperson, but also because that's where I belong, and also because Ashley's lonely over there by herself. I really, really enjoy the privacy of my current space, but I also am eager to be back with the other kids during the day. My new space is a good one; I'll be happy to move to a more social area, too.
    I'm watching a movie I've never seen before, "Killer Elite," with Jason Statham and Clive Owen, and Robert DeNiro, if you can believe that. Clive Owen with a mustache, which also is remarkable. This particular movie was released in 2011, and it's got just the right amount of dark blue filter and close-quarters camera work to be interesting. Clive Owen just bit Jason Statham and they're in a terrible fight right now. Statham has top billing, but I still can't see them killing off Clive Owen this early in the film. Ah, whoops, they didn't. He will live to fight another day. According to "the Google," the movie is based on a true story, so that makes it more interesting. I shall watch this one through to the end.

No comments: