Monday, March 22

I'll wear them to my shot, perhaps

So Arizona has opened up the vaccination eligibility to every adult older than 16 years as of Wednesday. I am very excited about this, and am looking forward to getting my shot as soon as I can. Unfortunately, I will be competing with every other adult older than 16 to get my appointment and my shot in a quick time.  Ashley at work got her appointment already, but she lives in a less populated space than I do, and it's like the appointment websites all laughed at me when put in my Scottsdale zip code. No matter, I'll get it soon enough, and as soon as I can. I'm good at hunting for elusive items on the internet, so I'll put my newfound skills to work.
    And then something else. I got an email from Vans the other day, and it advertised some very adorable yellow checkerboard shoes. I thought, "yes, of course, I need those." But then I also thought, "Sydney would probably like them, too." I showed her the email, and I was right; she did like them. Here's where this becomes significant. This pair of yellow checkerboard Vans has become the first pair of shoes that I have bought for both of us, in a single size, as a pair for us to share. Sydney's little feet aren't so little anymore, and she's half a size smaller than me, and that's a small enough difference to justify one pair of shoes for the both of us. She suddenly finds herself hoping that her shoe size stops at mine, so this can be a fun activity for us two. Because she knows who never sweats buying the shoes.

No comments: