Saturday, May 9

Wow, that got unexpectedly sappy

"Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields,
Nothing is real, and nothing to get hung about, Strawberry Fields forever."
I'm using The Beatles as a manipulation tactic to keep my kiddo in my room and being good company while I'm folding laundry and writing my blog. And right now, she's cuddled under a blanket while Cooper and Elliot are curled up and sleeping next to her, and I couldn't be more in love with the situation in from of me. I doubt she's really sleeping, but her eyes are closed and that awesome peaceful resting expression is upon her face, and that is among my favorite of all her faces. Nope, she's not asleep; she just lifted her head so she could check out Cooper and Elliot next to her.
Anyway, that's what Mother's Day is about, right? Realizing that, while they are certainly a handful most of the time, they can go to sleep and remind you that they also are angels, or more aptly, they are your heart walking around outside your body.

No comments: