Thursday, May 20

Yes, I'm just now discovering podcasts

So I am finally beginning to dip my toe into the world of podcasts. My curiosity began with the ESPN personality Bomani Jones, and how much I enjoy his commentary. I started listening to his podcast a couple weeks ago, then I moved on to Sarah Spain's podcast one week, and then the Prince Harry podcast with the actor Dax Shepard.
    I now eagerly anticipate Bomani's episodes every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and with nothing else for today, I listened to Mina Kimes' podcast for the first time, and will probably add that one to my rotation.
    One other podcast that I listened to this afternoon was the show based on the Houston Astros cheating scandal, hosted by the journalist who predicted the team's 2017 World Series win, and who now is diving deep into the scandal and logistics of it. I'm one episode into the podcast's six episodes, and will hopefully get through a couple tomorrow.
    But I can see where people are super into podcasts, and thoroughly enjoy all the different personalities and topics and genres and stories that are out there. It's overwhelming for me, as I'm just now diving into the pool, but I'll take my time finding new and interesting shows, and be sure not to drown in all the information out there. It's like just now discovering something like Netflix, and trying to navigate it at this point, with all the content it has on there. So much to listen to, so little time.

No comments: