Wednesday, May 12

Libraries save trees; believe it

ITEM!: I picked up the book from them library today, and with my receipt came this nifty bit of information: I've saved more than $2,000 in book costs by borrowing from the library. Gotta tell you, that's pretty cool. I've told you how much I love my local library, but it surprised me how much savings that is. That makes me happy not only in money saved, but trees saved by my not buying the books in the first place.
ITEM!: I'm instituting a quote and photo dump every Friday on my Instagram, and I've already got multiple selections for the day this week. I've been saving fun, inspirational, weird and eye-rollingly awkward screenshots of random tweets, quotes and pictures on the internets, with nowhere to put them, and a Friday dump sounds like an excellent place to post them with little to no context. Context takes time; dumps are just fun.
ITEM!: I tried to have a kissy-face photo session with my dog today but in looking at the photos afterward, I realized that I'm exhibiting super old-lady neck skin, so they all got deleted. I was sitting on the sofa and my head was tipped forward, so it was all neck wrinkles and double chins, which is never a good thing. I'll try again another day from a way more flattering angle, and here's hoping he'll be up for more kissy faces at a later date.

No comments: