Monday, May 10

Yaaasssss! May is getting started

It's so weird to me how I can just forget to post at night. Last night, I forgot. Tonight, I remembered.
    I texted with my landlord today and we will be able to sign a one-year extension on our lease, so that frees up a good portion of my anxiety going into this summer. I didn't want to move this year, but for every extension since we moved in, we've signed for two years, so I didn't know how flexible the house owners would be for less than that. But of course, she was great about it, and now I can relax for another year.
    Also, I followed up on a couple other things that have been plaguing me, so in my head, I'm in pretty good shape right now. My summer is beginning to come together in a relatively cohesive fashion, so all my work so far this year has been worth it. "Get shit done, 2021," indeed. But I do still have a tangible and relatively lengthy EXPECTATIONs list, so I'm really not letting myself get too comfortable.
    I actually just decided that I have so much confidence in myself at the moment that I requested a book from the library. It's a longer book, if I remember right, but should be a good one, and that will be the May book. But I feel like I just found a mountain to climb, and it is a book to read this month.

No comments: