Wednesday, May 19

Javelinas are the best kind of feral pigs

As I mentioned a few days ago, a few of my friends are in the state for a "work from home" vacation wherein they are working from an airbnb in Sedona. They've been here for almost three weeks, and will be heading home early next week. I visited them at the house last Friday, and am playing with the idea of going up again this Friday.
    But when we were chatting last week, I introduced them to javelinas, the feral pigs of the desert here. We hadn't seen any, but I told them about them and that the javelinas were aggressive when they felt like it, and to stay away and not bother them.
    Anyway, Kim was working on the deck in the backyard, and she had a visitor come strolling through the property. She was able to catch it on video, and from there, pulled a screenshot, so here it is: her friend the javelina.
    I don't know exactly what it is about javelinas, but I think they're just fantastic. I'm beyond jealous that Kim had such a close encounter, and now definitely kinda want to go up there this weekend. I wish they made snorting noises when they walked; actually, I wish I *knew* if they made snorting noises when they walked. I would very much like to have one stroll past me, but that's just not going to happen here in my community. We're going to have to move closer to a wash or the Preserve or somewhere like that.

No comments: