Sunday, May 16

Update on the backyard foliage

I went to battle with the tree in the backyard this afternoon, and while I did get a couple of the dead branches removed, the tree itself managed to bloody me, so I'll call this a win for the tree. What was interesting is that my backyard neighbors to my direct left, whose yard also has some of my other neighbor's bougainvillea cascading into it over their fence, had some work done in their backyard this weekend. This morning when I went outside to survey the land, I realized that their one tree wasn't hanging over my fence anymore, and also that the bougainvillea was trimmed back in their yard, too. So finally, the bougainvillea is cut back entirely, which should make it easier for both me and them to keep it that way. Now I just need to trim back a rose bush or two and the yard should look way better.
    Also, my rosemary died, which is a very odd thing to happen; my boysenberry plant is doing well with fresh growth; my vinca is happy; the plumerias are growing new leaves; and the succulents are acting very much like succulents in the desert. The gardenia that no longer has tree shade is concerning me just a bit, as I'm not sure how well it will do with full sun this summer, but I'm keeping an eye on it, and I've got an umbrella in my Amazon shopping cart to provide it shade if need be.
    That is the update on my outside garden.

No comments: