Wednesday, May 5

Return of the previous hormones

I left myself a note for tonight's blog post topic, and the note said, "Return of the previous hormones." Now the last time I spoke about hormones, I believe I was concerned about the change in them causing some terrible side effects, like gaining weight. In fact, I'm pretty sure I said I was terrified of putting weight back on, because a 20-pound swing is a big one for me. And I don't want it.
    Last week I got a text notification from CVS about my refill of the new hormones. It bugged me, that it was a different manufacturer, so I called the pharmacy. Indeed, the young man said, I could get the name brand I want, and he didn't know why the prescription seemed to flip to the generic, but I could just let them know that I want the brand, and they'd take care of it. I said, "Isn't that what I'm doing?"
    No; in fact, I had to go into the store and request the change in person. It was no problem, they made the change, and I had my normal, brand-name hormone pills to begin on Sunday.
    Maybe it was all mental, and perhaps I'm that suggestible, but I felt better Sunday and Monday. I felt ... lighter, I guess? Not as bloated or watery, and more alert, perhaps? Very weird, but I felt more myself than I had in a few months, and it was good. I'm still not even a week into the pills, but I'm in a better place on every level, I think. Sure parts of the world are crumbling around me, but I'm feeling more capable of dealing with it, and like I'm not retaining a Great Lake in my center of gravity.

No comments: