Friday, December 11

Sleeping in is a good thing!

I'm looking forward to not waking up to an alarm tomorrow morning. There's something so decadent about sleeping in a nice, warm bed when it's cool in the house, and not having to brave the coolness until you want to... or have to pee. And it's even better when I'm not staying up too late the night before. So tonight is the normal 11 p.m. bedtime, and no alarm tomorrow. All good things.
Also, my dogs got groomed today so my bedmates smell good.

So I'm having a wonderment about my handwriting dystonia issue. I'm thinking that, since the botox didn't work properly, and the whole problem is the arm muscle that's always tensed, that maybe some form of forced relaxation may help make it better. I have a couple thoughts on that. First, perhaps one of those handgun massagers. They seem super violent, but also like they are efficient and purposeful.
My second thought is acupuncture. I did actually google acupuncture and dystonia, and it was a positive search, in that the acupuncture worked for some dystonia, just not specifically the one that I have. So I'll be the guinea pig for that one. I've asked around and no one in my circle here knows an acupuncture technician, so again, I'll be the guinea pig, I guess. I'm at the mercy of Yelp and Google reviews, I suppose.
I'm thinking I'll start with the massage gun though, and then move on to the acupuncture as my second self-diagnosed solution. I have figured out how to fix it. Let's see if either one of them work.

No comments: