Sunday, December 6

Excited for a not-dismal season after all

When Tom Brady left the Patriots at the end of last season, I had little to no hope for a decent season this year. When the Patriots signed Cam Newton I had perhaps more faith than I should have that we'd have a better than decent season this year. Alas, my team is not performing well.
During that weird, quiet offseason, before Cam was signed, Brian and I had a conversation in which he said that the Pats would go 4-12 for the season, but I said that we'd at least go .500 for the year. I am excited to announce that we are quite far into the season, with only four more games to play, and the Patriots are 6-6. We may not end the season with an 8-8 record or better, but at least it won't be as dismal a record as 4-12. Already, the Pats and I have won something: Brian's having to admit that he didn't give them enough credit to do some damage this season, and that *I* was right.
Brian's other question for me based on my team's performance this year, when I'm going to be ready to cancel our NFL Sunday Ticket. I'm not sure, but I'll hang on and spend the expense for another couple years. If they're in the toilet for a couple in a row, it may be a line item that gets deleted from the budget. I'll only get to watch the nationally televised games then. Who knows how that will go...

No comments: