Monday, December 14

Once is unfortunate. Twice? Comical.

OMG, it was a day of unfortunate coffee incidents.
When Christmas shopping at the mall, I always reward myself with a mocha at Nordstrom. They have a different kind of chocolate that I like the taste of. First, the order, "Decaf, large, nonfat mocha with whip." My standard mocha recitation. The girl asked me if I wanted an americano or regular. I replied that I wanted decaf. She said that they don't make decaf, so it'll be an americano. I'm bugged at this point, because I had the exact coffee drink that I ordered just six days ago, at that exact location. The barista explained that she could make it but it would be a special brewing, so it'll take five minutes. Fine.
Five minutes later, I have my mocha. Sydney and I go straight to the car so she can enjoy her pretzel and me my mocha without masks. Her pretzel is fine; my mocha HAS NO CHOCOLATE in it. I'm incensed. Did they do it wrong on purpose because I ordered my coffee properly? We'll never know.
Disappointed by my mocha from Nordstrom, I decide to replace it with a peppermint mocha from Starbucks. When the small-market coffee shop gives you lemons, the mass-market coffee machine will give you lemonade, right? I knew that the peppermint mocha would be fine because they are corporately mandated to make it exactly the same way every time. We stopped at my friendly neighborhood Starbucks, waited in line, made my purchase, and because it was piping hot, I waited a couple minutes before sipping. Hey, guess what. Not only NO CHOCOLATE, but NO PEPPERMINT. I'm stunned into laughing. I stirred the "peppermint mocha" to be sure it wasn't just separated, and alas, what I have in my hand is a latte. An expensive latte that is devoid of flavor in every way.
Two mochas ordered and paid for, and I was deceived by lattes. Not. Cool.

No comments: