Wednesday, November 4

I'm glad to have made Massachusetts proud

So today was a very weird day. I have a Marco Polo thread that's a group of friends of varying political affiliations. It was a very quiet thread today, with only three of us posting anything, and we only talked about random stuff that wasn't at the forefront of our minds. Clearly, we're all preoccupied by the election process right now, but none of us wanted to declare victory or even talk about it because no one knows how it'll go, and no one wants to upset anyone else. So we asked about parents, and discussed workouts, and commented on the weather. It'll be weird for just a few days here, but we'll get our shit back together soon, and then we'll be back in the frivolity of our friendship. But until then, still, it's weird.
I find myself feeling super bad for the couples and marrieds that are together but of different politics. I mean, it's stressful enough in my house right now, but at least Brian and I are looking for the same outcome. To be hoping for something that your significant other is dreading seems super, super uncomfortable as a relationship situation. I'm sorry to you all out there; I feel for you.
One of my friends from Massachusetts messaged me tonight asking me if I was in Maricopa County, and then thanked me and the rest of my Arizona brethren for our blue votes yesterday. I told her it was my pleasure, and that I honestly never thought I'd see Arizona go blue, but that I am beyond proud that I was here and participated when it did.
It's been a very weird day. I'm going to go make myself a cup of tea.

No comments: