Tuesday, November 3

Avoiding the talk, watching a movie

I'm avoiding the pundits and their stress-inducing suppositions and predictions, and am currently in my room watching "The Gentlemen" off my DVR.
Among the realizations I've come to over the last couple hours is that Wolf Blitzer's voice gives me anxiety. Just in general, it sounds very much like a screaming, old dude in a grocery store, like he's on the very edge of a panic attack and about to jump the cliff. And he wants to take us with him. I can't handle it.
I voted. I hope you did, too. The rest is just waiting for the numbers to add up.
I feel bad for the teenagers though, because they're old enough to understand the gravity of this election, and to feel the stress of the decisions made, but they can't make any choices themselves. Sydney is stressing out and I'm trying to calm her, but she knows too much and worries too much about what the future brings. I can't say that I blame her for that concern, in fact, I'm right there with her, but at 14, she just shouldn't be worrying about all that stuff at the level she does.
At any rate, I may just go to bed early and see what the morning brings, if you know what I mean. But what will probably happen is that I'll certainly go to bed early, but Brian will wake me in the middle of the night to whisper in my ear.

No comments: