Tuesday, November 6

You guys, democracy is awesome

It's Election Day, my friends, and I hope you took advantage of your right as a United States citizen to vote for your representatives!
Brian and I are enrolled in the mail-in ballot program here in Arizona, so we got our ballots weeks ago, and mailed them in shortly thereafter. I'm proud to have voted for what I hope will be a Blue Wave in Arizona, where we have a real chance to vote in a Democrat senator for like the first time ever.
I'll be glued to election results all night tonight, and am really hoping that there is some progressive change in this state done today. I mean, we'll see, but I'm feeling an energy that's different than ever before, and let's hope that translates into votes. It's certainly deflating to be reading about all the "problems" at some polling places, and one would think that these places would have their shit together for at least a couple days before an election that they have known was coming for years, right? Alas, they're not, but I hope those vote-casting warriors stay the course and fight for their ballot to be counted.

No comments: