Tuesday, August 10

The math is the math, but shoes

So the goal is to pay off my credit card by next May. The math squares with this goal without any change to the budget, so that's a huge plus.
    But having said that, I also need to save some money for the usual adventures, journeys and holidays. So today, I enter into a new era of fiscal responsibility. In actuality, as I tell myself right now, I don't need to do any more "extra" shopping. I do need a new black sweater though, but that's only one sweater. Goddess, give me strength to refuse the Toms emails that will arrive between now and then. But there is this one in my inbox right now with the cutest sea turtles on them.
    So I guess, rather than go entirely against who I am as a person, I'll ask for markedly more restraint than I usually show, and still keeping in mind that I have a goal and things I want to do. So maybe that one pair of Toms will be okay. But also, saving for Disneyland.

No comments: