Wednesday, May 25

West! Through the desert and to the ocean!

I always enjoy the night before I head off to California. I'm usually packed and ready to go to bed at a decent time, as I am tonight. I'm usually looking forward to a few good visits with my nearest and dearest friends, as I am this weekend, except for one, dear Lisa, who is out of town, which makes me sad. I'm excited about the traveling, but dreading the time spent behind the wheel with no one to share the burden. (At least Sydney is better company now than she was years ago when we did the drive together.) I've got the kid's backpack of goodies mostly filled up, and the iPad is plugged in and charging. Snacks, also, are all bagged up and ready to go. All I need is a good night's sleep; to wake up on time; a yummy Starbucks for the road ahead; and a safe drive.

That's Penelope Cruz and Jeff Bridges as Belle and the prince, from Beauty and the Beast, in that picture. I love these Disney ads. They are just so pretty, and happy. Oh, well of course they make me want to go to Disneyland, but not this weekend.

No comments: