Monday, May 16

Missed the launch .... blah, blah, blah

I may have done a good job of not seeming completely bitter on Facebook today regarding the launch, but I really, really, really still am pissed as hell that I missed it. I watched the launch every time it was covered on the news, and Sydney and I watched it online twice. The first time I saw it, I almost cried. The second time, I had to explain to Sydney why we weren't there to see it. And every time it popped up on television news the rest of the afternoon, it was like a knife in the heart. To be so close, and yet, so far away. It sounds cliche, but with this particular situation, it's so true.
And I wish I could drop the desire to see it. I'm sure you all are sick of reading about me whining. Still, in my head, is the wish to go see Atlantis launch in July.
July is a good month for me: we don't have a whole lot going on, and it's our 10-year wedding anniversary. That sounds like all the stars aligning. I'm all in. I hope.

My Dancing with the Stars voting (5 votes allowed):
Kirstie Alley ~ 3 votes. This wouldn't be the first time that the lesser-talented star wins the competition. And I'd be the happiest person on the planet if Maksim brought home his own mirrorball trophy.
Hines Ward ~ 2 votes. Hines Ward and his partner, Kym Johnson, did a fantastic job tonight, and I'll even admit that Hines is more likely to win than Kirstie. And if Kirstie can't win, I'd like to see Hines take it.
Ralph Macchio, Chelsea Kane ~ 0 votes.

No comments: