Saturday, May 28

Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, oh my!!

The girls and I went to the movies last night and saw Bridesmaids. I had heard really good things about it, and I'm happy to say that it totally lived up to the hype! It was super clever, rude and raunchy when it needed to be, and shocking when it would make the most impact. Also, it was super cool watching it with my girls.
Today, Sydney and I took Mom and Daddy to the petting zoo and farm for a lovely morning. You know, it's amazing how my appreciation and like for some foods have grown since I've had Sydney. It's imperative to eat something in front of my kid before she'll try it. So, food that I've discovered that I like because I ate it in front of Sydney so she'd try it: fresh blueberries, cucumbers, kiwi, raspberries, fresh peas, edamame, and blackberries (the berries I've always liked in a pie, or in a mixture, but never so much on their own. Not the case anymore). So wandering through the rows of berries this morning was a new and wonderful experience for me because it was just as much fun to eat the fruit as to pick it.

No comments: