Wednesday, May 18

Loving these telescope pics!!

I particularly enjoy summer evenings after television is done for the season. It means that, on nights like tonight, where there's nothing decent on TV and I'm totally exhausted and having a hard time keeping my eyes open, I can get ready for bed before 10 p.m. and not get distracted by anything to watch.
I'm sitting here, with the computer on my lap, yawning, trying to keep my eyes open, and attempting to pay as much attention to my task at hand as possible. But, as I said, this is the last thing I plan on doing tonight, before getting to bed before 10 p.m. It's such a treat. And it makes me a happy person.
We had a lovely time at Sydney's class party this morning. The kids all did a bunch of swimming; the parents did all kinds of socializing; and everyone was merry. Side note: the Scottsdale Princess pool bar makes a delicious, if spicy, Bloody Mary.
Also, and more irritatingly, my car is no longer under warranty. So, the lovely, and inclusive, 40,000-mile service was a bit more expensive than I had planned. Still, they checked everything, and the car is in perfect working order for the next several months, including the trip out to Texas. I'll not need someone to check it over for another 10,000 miles, and that's a good thing. I need to find me a certified VW technician that owns his own shop, rather than the dealership, once we get to Houston. I guess we'll call that Item #1 on my Houston list.

Houston List
Item #1: Certified VW technician that won't cost as much as the dealership.

No comments: