Tuesday, May 3

Out of Florida, back in California

I can't even remember the last time I blogged. I think it was Saturday night?At any rate, I probably should not be blogging right now. I'm running on an extremely small amount of sleep, and I'm kinda exhausted. We got up this morning at 4:30 a.m., Florida time (1:30 a.m. California time). I got about two hours of intermittent dozing sleep on the flight, while Sydney got a good three hours of consistent, solid sleep, laying all horizontal and cozy across her seat and my lap. Lucky duck.
So, to recap our weekend: no shuttle launch; a whole lot of amusement parks; an overweight suitcase's worth of souvenirs; not enough sleep.
I don't want you all to misunderstand, I had a great time. We had a fabulous weekend. But the whole thing is just weighed down by is overwhelming sense of disappointment. We did all kinds of stuff to make it a great time, but the reason, the entire purpose behind the trip, was a gaping hole. I'll get over it, of course, but when your life's dream of witnessing something has been dash by circumstances beyond your control, it just takes a little bit of mourning. I'll figure my way through this one, as I would any other issue that doesn't roll the way I want it to.
Also, Kendra was asked to leave the ballroom tonight. Yay!! I didn't vote last night, as I got all kinds of tired, and distracted by packing.

Beautifully written via iPhone or iPad

No comments: