Friday, January 6

2023 already is shaping up to be a handful

Hello! And Happy New Year!
What am I doing? Oh, you know, just living life one day at a time and one inconvenience at a time. Time to bring it on, 2023! You've been a little bitchy so far, but let's see what happens next.
EXPECTATION 1: Save some money; bulk up the accounts. Last year's first goal was to pay off my American Express card. I did that. Of course, travel and some Christmas kept it from staying a zero balance, but I'm working on it again. What I want to do is save some money for the kid's college fund and get that to a decent number.
EXPECTATION 2: Read one book, watch one movie, binge one show per month. I excelled at this particular item last year, and found it to be remarkably motivating. Short of a book in October I think, I accomplished it. I enjoy this task, and will be continuing it in 2023.
EXPECTATION 3: I completely bailed on writing any Mystic & Boysen books last year. It was a matter of self-care, really, as I felt some intense pressure on myself to get them done. I'd like to write them this year, but if I don't, I'll be okay with that.
EXPECTATION 4: Clean out/purge the stuff, including but not limited to bathroom closet, office storage cart, hallway cabinet, Brian's closet, garage, office stuff. I did well on my cleanse last year, but some carried over, and I'm renewing my desire to clean it all out.
EXPECTATION 5: Hit the trail again. I probably won't do this, but I like the idea of walking the trail again. I certainly can use the exercise, and it would be lovely to make a morning out of it. Brian is spending his weekend mornings at the driving range, so unfortunately, he's a no-go for a walking partner. Power up the pods, I guess! Also, the at-home yoga situation definitely needs to be reinstated.
EXPECTATION 6: Maybe today, January 6, will be the catalyst for blogging more. I'm excited to report that I'm wearing a compression glove, and it seems to be working quite well. I have one for work that is good, and for whatever reason I never had one for home, so I ordered one yesterday. It arrived this afternoon, and we'll see how it goes. I just dropped the laptop down to the bed level too, so maybe that'll help, as well.
EXPECTATION 7: I'm pleased with my job right now, and even though I don't have any upward mobility at this particular position, I'm happy within it. I'm a department head and enjoying that, as well as the department head paycheck. I kind of tried the greeting card company side hustle, but I didn't really do any or much with it. Maybe I'll try that one again. But I'll continue doing well at my job.
EXPECTATION 8: Of course, get back on the Weight Watchers and lose some excess weight. I don't have a lot to lose to hit my goal, and if I stick to it I probably could hit the goal in three months, but that is unlikely because I enjoy eating yummy things. But let's try it anyway.
EXPECTATION 9: Brian wants to start exercising together. But come on,  that probably won't happen.
EXPECTATION 10: My friends and I all are turning 50 this year, and I have sworn that I won't miss anyone's party. I'm not having a party of my own, just an awesomely quiet and chill week, but I'm not missing anyone else's.

No comments: