Thursday, March 3

Yes, I tried it; no, I didn't like it

So Sydney and I pulled the King Cake out of the plastic bag, placed it on a small platter, scraped out the now-hardened frosting, and spread it onto the cake as best I could. I microwaved it just a little bit to see if the frosting would melt again and look better, but no. That's it to the left there. The frosting looks all jacked because the sprinkles melted and I used a knife to spread it. You'll see that we cut out a small slice and ate it. Yes, I ate a couple bites. No, I did not like it.
    When I find a local bakery for my King Cake next year, I will request a cake minus the almond extract, because I got a brief sense of the flavor without that ingredient, and it was intriguing. So will a self-respecting King Cake baker make one without the extract? We shall see!
    What else? There'a work order in to get my a/c fixed, so that good. Sydney's glasses hung weird on her face today and she got a headache because of it. Also there was a car fire in the school parking lot of which she was very excited to record and send me videos. I'm all, "Child! Cars on fire explode! Also, GET TO CLASS."

No comments: