Tuesday, March 1

Marching into March, as you do

Hey everyone! Happy March!
    It's been a very busy January and February, and the rest of the year also will be busy, but shit is afoot.
    First and foremost, we have a new four-legged member of the family, Molly. She's a 2-year-old Lhasa Apso who we rescued from a breeder, and she has definitely added a new personality and dynamic to the household. It's been an adjustment, and will continue to be for a while still, but she's finding her place in the pack and we're all getting used to another heartbeat in the house.
    Add that puppy situation to Elliot needing bladder stone removal surgery, and Cooper's allergies and a skin infection, and I have had it up to here with vet appointments, charges and bills.  But now, maybe, things have calmed down for a bit. I can hope anyway. Molly gets her spay the end of April, and there's still the maintenance stuff, but I think all the urgent, unplanned stuff is done. *fingers crossed*
    Also, I've started working full-time again. And I've started a new job at the office, which, happily, means more money, too. So I'm starting too see a light at the end of my financial tunnel, and it's exciting to know that I am the one that'll be able to work us out of this hole. American Express should be a thing of the past sometime in June, and then I can start saving more for my future Jetta and Sydney's college. The money also means that there'll still be more for all the fun stuff I like to do.
    Anyway, the new job is an intense and stressful one, so there will be some collateral damage to perhaps my blood pressure, but as of now, I'm doing okay. This month's avatar is me as a referee, which is similar to my new office job, so it's fitting.

No comments: