Sunday, January 15

The Birthday Week has begun

Day One: Saturday
~ I hung out all morning, and messed around with my house, picking up stuff, moving stuff, just generally futzing around with things. Brian had a golf date, so Sydney and I drove over to Portillos for hamburgers. I spent my afternoon doing random chores and whatnot, and watching football. Honestly, it couldn't have been a better day. So quiet and calm.
Day Two: Sunday ~ This morning started off relatively quiet too, with rain falling outside and wrapped up in cozy bed covers. On today's agenda was the movies: "Plane," starring Gerard Butler and Mike Colter. Brian decided to hit balls once the rain stopped, so Sydney, Bailey and I were on our own for the movie. Sydney and I shared our popcorn, as we do, but we still picked up a Party Bag of popcorn on our way out of the theater to snack on for the rest of the week. The movie itself was enjoyable; the exact kind of film that Gerard Butler does so well. After we dropped Bailey off at home, I picked up Brian and we hit Costco, though this stop was *not* on my Birthday Week to-do list. I don't like going to Costco when there's not much money to spend, but we had a small list, and the visit itself wasn't as bad as it could have been. Back at home, we ate our lunch and watched more football. I probably should have started reading my book, but the cloudy skies, cooler afternoon and entertaining game play on the TV kept me occupied. Brian baked a pizza for dinner that we bought at Costco that was surprisingly delicious. I finished up my Portillo's strawberry shortcake for dessert, and had a piece of See's candy for my bedtime snack. It was a great Sunday.
I turn 50 in three days. The countdown continues.

No comments: