Thursday, January 12

I'll trade you my time, for my time

So I may have made a deal with the devil, but I did something that, ostensibly, will make my 2023 a better year than it may have been. At my work, because I only have two weeks of vacation for the calendar year, I traded all my upcoming overtime comp days for additional vacation days to be used at my discretion.
    After next week, which I took off to celebrate turning 50 while NOT working, I will have used up half of my allotted vacation days. But still, having made that deal, I'm pretty sure that, even though someone who is a department head and has been at a company for more than seven years should have double that 10 days of PTO, I will come out ahead of the game. I actually think that I already was getting more than my 10 days the last couple years, but now it's somewhat official that I will be in better shape regarding vacation days. Also, I told them that if my days became too numerous, they could just not pay me for them.
    I explained that I wasn't going to miss any of my friends' birthdays, and that I still wanted to have my days for Sydney's breaks, too. I didn't care how it worked out, but I was not going to miss out on anything in 2023. So, pay me for them, don't pay me for them. Consider them comp days or just generously look the other way. But I will take my days as I want.

No comments: