Saturday, October 31

Here's our distribution station

I honestly don't want to complain about the COVID and Halloween tonight, but I may anyway. Sydney went over to her friend's house for trick or treating so it was a quiet evening at our house. I put our candy bowl out on one of our dining room chairs outside the front door. The chair itself has a cool spider decoration on it, which is pretty special.
But, even with all those safety precautions, we didn't have a single trick or treater. Granted, I wasn't sitting outside the whole time, but Brian and I went for a walk around the neighborhood and we saw no one. Not a single kiddo, which, while safe, was incredibly boring.
Sydney reports that there were a couple people out, and not many giving out candy, but the last two houses they visited dumped the rest of the bowls of candy into hers and her friend's bags. So there's that, I guess. I usually take a bunch of candy to work the day after Halloween, and my coworkers are already looking forward to the haul I bring in Monday.
I love seeing the littles dressed up, and I'm super bummed to not get to see any this year. And it's such a jovial and fun holiday, and demanding of imagination and creativity, and I miss seeing how people step up to the plate in that creativity department. Also, I didn't dress up myself for the first time in several years.
So this holiday was a bust. Time to start planning for Thanksgiving and Christmas! ... Just kidding! I've got stuff planned for both those holidays already!!

1 comment:

Miles R said...

Thanks for this blog poost