Friday, October 30

I just need to get my nose into a store

So I'm at that weird place in a person's life when it is time to find a new fragrance. My current perfume is almost gone, and the scent itself has been discontinued. I have a very difficult time finding a smell I like, and I tend to wear only that smell until its gone, so this is a serious commitment I'm looking to make. 
I tend to appreciate a good body mist, a la Bath and Body Works, but if I find a good "parfum" I'm not afraid to roll that way. I have a ton of plumeria body spray, but it's not Brian's favorite, so I use that as my last resort. So yes, if I don't discover something new, I do have a scent to wear, but it's not ideal.
I actually spent quite a bit of time on the Nordstrom app the other day reading scent descriptions and screenshotting what sounded good for an eventual trip to the store to smell them. So you can appreciate my pain, I like a citrusy smell, but also a floral, and somewhat sweet. I had a an Escada perfume for a few years that smelled like strawberries, and I loved that, but it also was discontinued. I guess I pick the random stuff that doesn't draw the masses, making my smells quite temporary.
So here I am, staring at pictures of bottles, imagining them through the flowery descriptive verbiage, and still spraying the last bits and drops I can get out of the bottle I'm still using like some weird addict.

No comments: