Wednesday, October 28

A meal full of apps and small plates

We've got a restaurant near us that we love. It has a number of delicious appetizers and small plates, but, as wonderful as that is, we have not had a memorable entree. We hadn't been to the restaurant in several months, but the company has opened a new location closer to us.
We've since been to the new location twice. Both times, Brian and I have each tried a different entree. Brian had pizza last time, and a prime rib dip today. I had the grilled chicken club last time, and a pizza today. Not a single one of those entrees was remarkable.
This is disappointing in a couple ways. First, the place isn't cheap, so it's an expensive lunch of meh. Second, my husband is not the kind of guy who keeps going somewhere that disappoints him. I figure I have one or two more visits to get a complete, good meal in his stomach before he decides that he isn't going there anymore.
Luckily, like I said, the restaurant's appetizers and small plates are the best part of the menu. Thankfully, it will be the draw of those small plates that will entice Brian back, time and time again.
I love that place, you guys, and I'll eat apps and small plates ALL DAY LONG!!

No comments: