Wednesday, June 3

Get me a magazine that can go Weekly

I had an addiction once. It was "Entertainment Weekly" magazine. I would get my fix every Saturday, or Friday if I was lucky, and I'd sit and consume every page of it until I was full up. The weeks of the Double Issue, when I'd have to live without for a week, were difficult. But my goodness, I loved that magazine, and couldn't handle life without my fix.
And then "Entertainment Weekly" went monthly. And it suddenly became a chore to sit and read the entire month's worth of entertainment news. I really can't explain it. I haven't read an issue in more than three months. The current issue has been sitting next to my bed for maybe two weeks, and I haven't even cracked it.
Is it a sense of betrayal from the magazine? Is it that I have rehabbed? Is it that the magazine is putting so much content online that most everything in the actual paper magazine seems repetitive? Or I am I just struggling with the concept of reading something right now?
It's dumb, but I actually am super pissed that the magazine went monthly. It was a nice treat for me every weekend to read my EW. And now it's like some dude who comes by every few weeks to show me that he could still be kinda cool, but isn't interested in hanging around or being dependable anymore. But maybe I just need to put forth more effort. I could be a better girlfriend, I suppose, but seriously, EW needs to make it worth it for me.

No comments: