Tuesday, August 21

Knocking some stuff off my list

You guys, my living room is beginning to come together!
My new area rug arrived today, and while it was a lot of work to get the whole thing rolled out and placed how I wanted it by myself because I'm impatient, I'm super, super pleased with the result. The silver color I was hoping would work works incredibly well. And the size of the rug is ideal for the space.
While I had to remove the loveseat from my shopping list, the rest of the room is going to fit together very well. The coffee table and end table are scheduled for delivery on Thursday, and I think the end table will fit just fine where I wasn't sure if it would work or not. I hated putting my old, red coffee table on my new awesome gray rug tonight; the only consolation being that it will only be there for a couple more days. I'll wait until Thursday to order my new TV stand, because now I'm very motivated to get the old TV stand out of the room, because it's dark and doesn't work with my new vision.
honestly, once the living room is done, I have very little left on my list for the home. The cozy chair needs to be reupholstered, and that's really kind of it. Some moving around of things, perhaps, but in the most general sense, there's only one or two things to finish up.
Which is good, because our lease here is up next August, and I think that we'll be moving to a new home, and then I can start my list of things to change all over.

No comments: