Tuesday, April 26

My chicken salad sandwich was the best

PRE-LUNCH: I’m trying something new, and very modern, today. I will be ordering my sandwich via website for pickup at lunch. I’ve seen the signs for the particular service at this sandwich place, but never had a need for it before. Lately though, I’ve been wanting a sandwich, and not wanting to stand in the shop’s unpredictable line. Last week, I remembered that the shop had online ordering. I haven’t had a chance to do it until today, so today, I will do it. The website seems quite comprehensive, and I should even be able to request that my bread be lightly toasted. Will they collect my chips for me, too? My cookies? That’s the question of the moment!
POST-LUNCH: Even though the bread was a bit too lightly toasted, the rest of the sandwich was as close to perfect as could be. For the first time in a while, technology has performed exactly as it was supposed to, nothing more, nothing less. Also, the humans who took the order did exactly what they were supposed to do. It's pretty amazing that the combination of the two makes for an ideal lunching experience. It'll be a study in self control to not order the same sandwich for lunch tomorrow.

No comments: