Tuesday, April 5

Are those bogies dancing for you, too? Awesome

ITEM!: So Brian came home with a cold last week, and Sydney and I are now afflicted. I've been dealing with it for about five days, and Sydney's only had it for three. The worst part about this particular cold is that it's producing these really, really hard bogies (a "bogie" is a Harry Potter way of saying booger; we adopted that after watching Sorcerer's Stone the first time) in my nose that hurt. I mean, they hurt. They're super hard, and super attached to my inner nose walls, so blowing my nose, even just breathing, makes the air push against them, and that makes them pull on the nose skin, and it hurts. ... This cold is not the worst. The snot issues themselves aren't a problem. I've experienced very little fatigue. My only real issue with this cold is the bogie problem. And no matter what I do, they just hurt. What the f*ck is that about, really?
ITEM!: Cooper ate some lunch this afternoon, and it's given me hope that he's finally getting through his own illness. He's got more energy, seems to be acting okay, and is drinking plenty. The only problem is eating. No doubt he's totally traumatized by all the vomiting from last week, and it's hard to eat again after that, for sure. But I made him some of his breakfast meal when I came home for lunch, and he ate most of it. That is a good sign for breakfast tomorrow. If he eats that like normal, I'm going to be a very happy dog mommy.
ITEM!: I had to turn my air conditioner on twice tonight: once at about 6 p.m. for about 45 minutes, and again at 8:30 p.m. for an hour or so. It's getting too damn hot in my upstairs.
ITEM!: I'm over the red candles as my centerpiece on my dining room table. I want something cool and funky, and maybe kinda weird. I'm looking around my house and hunting for the ideal weird thing for the table that will still match aesthetically, because me. I'll have to consult with my on-staff interior designer, of course, but just know that my wheels are turning.
ITEM!: Apparently, the wild mint that I thought was so awesome that's growing in my backyard is an invasive plant that I will have a hard time controlling, or destroying, when the time comes. As of now, I like it for the potential of mojitos. But I can see where it would take over the garden if given the opportunity. Oh, that reminds me that I need to find out how to harvest and prepare rosemary for cooking.

No comments: