Monday, August 6

"Here's my number, so call me maybe..."

So, here's something interesting: every once in a while, something happens that makes me feel like an old lady. Case in point, my new love for the song, "Call Me Maybe," by Carly Rae Jepsen. It's been a popular song for a good portion of the summer, and has been a trendy song to lip-sync to in YouTube videos. I've seen a couple of these videos, but didn't really decide I liked the song until a couple days ago. I've downloaded it onto my phone, and it's been a pretty regular dance party tune since then. In fact, we listened to it all morning today, and on the way home from dinner tonight. My favorite result of this song being played so much is Sydney learning the words and dancing along.
What makes me feel old is that I can sit back and be all, "Young whippersnappers been listening to this for a while, and I'm just discovering it? I'm cool now!" And that it really has been around for a while cements my uncoolness for all that is "current." I need to start listening to the regular radio, I suppose. But I hate people talking, and commercials, on my radio. You see? An old woman thing.

No comments: