Sunday, August 5

Ernesto doesn't scare me

Well, it's raining. For the first time in my life, I'm actually paying attention to the hurricane watch on my news. It's a weird feeling, coupled only with the guilt of not being prepared for a hurricane, should it make landfall near Houston. This tropical storm, Ernesto, which is spinning around near Jamaica right now, doesn't have the potential to be anything here. Still, we've got rain today.
I remember, a hundred years ago, promising myself that I would experience every kind of major weather occurrence there is in the world. And I'm on a safe track, having been through a really hot, desert summer; a blizzard; and a haboob. What's left: hurricane, flood and a tornado. Am I missing something? Let me know.  I'm not running scared, by any means. Just watching and waiting, to see what happens.

Also, I'm beginning to suffer from Olympics fatigue. We've been staying awake way too late for the last several days, and it's starting to catch up to me. Last night is the second night in a row that I've fallen asleep in the living room (after the primetime broadcast), only to wake up and go to bed. I'm only too excited that once the Olympics is over, it'll be time for new television, too.

No comments: