Saturday, December 31

Happy 2012!!

 It's a little bit after 10:30 p.m. on the last day of the year 2011. I'm not at all sorry to see this year go away. In fact, I'm beyond giddy that 2012 is a fresh slate. Of course, I know that all things involved in 2011 are not just erased, or discounted, because of a new year. But I truly appreciate the feeling of freshness that comes with a January.
Random Digression: I've got an hour and 15 minutes now to wait, and I suppose I'll just find another movie to watch until then (Prince of Persia. I do not understand why I enjoy this movie so much). Also, I can't believe how warm it is in my house right now. It's supposed to be much cooler the rest of the week, including tomorrow. I honestly can't wait for those particular temperatures. I'd rather be in cold weather than this warm, mild humidity. Don't ask me why I'm living here since I know straight up that I'm going to hate the weather here; currently, I have no idea.

Brian and Sydney and I dismantled the Christmas tree this afternoon. It was a real shame to do it though, as it still smelled so good. But you know, I get to that moment, shortly after Christmas, when I'm just done having all the Christmas decorations and accoutrement around the house. The tree and the outdoor lights (which we took down last night) are the first to go. As for the rest of the decorations, they'll be put back into boxes on Monday. I am looking forward to the normalcy around the house.
I think, to celebrate the New Year, I shall pop open my cheap champagne from the grocery store, have a few sips from one of my Waterford wedding flutes, and eat a brownie. Or two. Two perfectly symmetrical brownies. See? Smarter.

No comments: